Careers at BrainTrust
Our Philosophy: BrainTrust takes care of clients and employees alike. We are a friendly team that is passionate about providing exceptional services in the Central and North Okanagan, from Enderby to Peachland. We strive to foster a welcoming team environment and provide staff with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
BrainTrust employees are compassionate, skilled professionals. We work in a culture that welcomes diversity, and honour the strengths of each team member. We believe that:
- everyone affected by brain injury deserves meaningful support,
- in most cases, brain injury can be prevented, and
- impact is possible if we do our part to give brain injury a louder voice.
Our team is based in Kelowna, BC, see our career opportunities below.
Part-Time Contract Position: Clinical Counsellor
Join our growing team of clinical counselors!
BrainTrust Canada is seeking a clinical counsellor for our Kelowna office to provide counselling for individuals with brain injury and caregivers.
BrainTrust Canada is a progressive, community-based support and rehabilitation agency that provides leadership, innovation and service excellence to individuals and families impacted by acquired brain injury. We are a friendly team that is passionate about providing exceptional services in the Central and North Okanagan.
This position is approximately 15 hours weekly with the potential to increase hours as the program continues to grow.
What We Are Looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or Clinical Counseling (MA)
- Currently registered with BC College of Social Workers (MSW) or BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (MA)
- Recent Criminal Records Check including vulnerable persons
- Experience working with depression, anxiety, emotional regulation, PTSD an asset
- Ability to use creative and structured approaches to assist clients to self-manage
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other correspondence
- Ability to communicate using different styles and methods to suit individual clients and situations
- Ability to make fair, practical and objective decisions about best practice solutions to problems
- Flexible schedule
- Able to work with clients in-person and remotely
- Proficient use of telehealth and Zoom
- Counselling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience working with persons with acquired brain injury and their caregivers an asset
Please see our website for information on our services https://braintrustcanada.com/
Rate of Pay: $45-$65/hr
Posting close date: October 15, 2021
If you think this role sounds like a fit, please email your cover letter and resume to Amanda McFarlane at email@example.com. Please note that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Board of Director (Volunteer)
BrainTrust Canada Association, Kelowna B.C.
BrainTrust is an innovative, community-based charity that provides life skills and rehabilitation support to individuals and families impacted by brain injury. Through collaboration and community engagement, BrainTrust also raises awareness and works to reduce the incidence of preventable brain injury.
BrainTrust has a governance board that is responsible for strategic and financial oversite of the organization. Due to a recent board gap analysis, BrainTrust is currently recruiting two new board members with specific experience in either finance or human resources management.
- Participate in board meetings (typically 6- 8 per year)
- Participate in one board committee, based on your expertise and needs of the organization
- Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other policies that apply to the organization and board
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Financial and strategic oversight of BrainTrust Canada
- Assist with fundraising and prepared to leverage personal and professional connections to further the interests of BrainTrust Canada
- Be an ambassador of the organization in the wider community
- Keep informed about community issues relevant to the work of the organization
- Human resources experience preferably with CHPR designation
- Community minded, with an interest in brain injury education, prevention and rehabilitation
- Interest in joining a dynamic group of professionals to support our cause
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application to Mia Burgess: firstname.lastname@example.org