Careers at BrainTrust
BrainTrust employees are compassionate, skilled professionals. We work in a culture that welcomes diversity, and honour the strengths of each team member. We believe that:
- everyone affected by brain injury deserves meaningful support,
- in most cases, brain injury can be prevented, and
- impact is possible if we do our part to give brain injury a louder voice.
Our team is based in Kelowna, BC, see our career opportunities below.
Full-Time Community Support Coordinator - Vernon
The Position: We are seeking one full time Community Support Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will work independently for 4 days a week in Vernon, and 1 day a week in the Kelowna office. We offer $22/hour (37.5 hours/week), a full benefits package and holidays. Staff work Monday-Friday. The Community Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and delivering direct services for clients in the North Okanagan, delivering group programs, and communicating with community partners.
Community Support Coordinators: operate from a person-centered approach and provide one-on-one support for clients with brain injury in activities focused on community living, development of compensatory strategies, recreational skills and rehabilitation that promotes inclusion and increased quality of life. Community Support Coordinators also advocate on behalf of clients with the justice and healthcare systems and provide brain injury education with the goal of reducing stigma.
What We Are Looking for: The successful applicant will have a related diploma or degree with relevant work experience and will excel in working independently and within a team. Previous experience and knowledge of brain injury is an asset. A class 5 driver’s license and personal vehicle is required.
Why Should You Apply?
· You are collaborative, innovative, and dedicated to providing exceptional client services for community members living with brain injury
· You are constantly seeking to grow and learn
· You want to be part of a dynamic, supportive, fun team
· You are independent and capable of working in the Vernon area
Please email your cover letter and resume by Tuesday November 3rd, 2020 at 4:00 pm to Kathy Chambers at email@example.com. No telephone enquiries please.
Board of Director (Volunteer)
BrainTrust Canada Association, Kelowna B.C.
BrainTrust is an innovative, community-based charity that provides life skills and rehabilitation support to individuals and families impacted by brain injury. Through collaboration and community engagement, BrainTrust also raises awareness and works to reduce the incidence of preventable brain injury.
BrainTrust has a governance board that is responsible for strategic and financial oversite of the organization. Due to a recent board gap analysis, BrainTrust is currently recruiting two new board members with specific experience in either finance or human resources management.
- Participate in board meetings (typically 6- 8 per year)
- Participate in one board committee, based on your expertise and needs of the organization
- Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other policies that apply to the organization and board
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Financial and strategic oversight of BrainTrust Canada
- Assist with fundraising and prepared to leverage personal and professional connections to further the interests of BrainTrust Canada
- Be an ambassador of the organization in the wider community
- Keep informed about community issues relevant to the work of the organization
- Financial management preferably with CPA designation or other applicable designation, or
- Human resources experience preferably with CHPR designation
- Community minded, with an interest in brain injury education, prevention and rehabilitation
- Interest in joining a dynamic group of professionals to support our cause
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org