SkullWise School Program
Brain Injury Prevention for Gen Z
- It is the greatest killer and cause of disability under the age of 35.
- The highest incidence of traumatic brain injury occurs in young men aged 16-24.
SKULLWISE School Program
A key outcome of our GenZ Prevention Project was the development of a toolkit for middle schools that addresses the subject of Youth and Concussion.
This toolkit for teachers has five components:
- teacher guide with overview, background knowledge, and additional resources
- practical inquiry-based lesson sequence fully integrated with the BC Physical and Health Education Curriculum; applicable for Grades 6 through 9
- activity handbook to support lessons
- PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes
- student portfolio
This program is currently being implemented in Central Okanagan School District No. 23 and select private and charter schools.
The complete toolkit is available for download here.