- basic information on brain function
- the brain as the 'control centre' of the body
- the importance of 'safe' vs. 'foolish' risks
- actions youth can take to prevent brain injury
June 18th is a day to celebrate our amazing brains and learn how youth can prevent serious brain injuries. Join the movement and spread the word to prevent brain injuries.
Show your support. Wear something neon on June 18th!
SkullWise School Program
A key outcome of our GenZ Prevention Project was the development of a toolkit for middle schools that addresses the subject of Youth and Concussion.
This toolkit for teachers has five components:
- teacher guide with overview, background knowledge, and additional resources
- practical inquiry-based lesson sequence fully integrated with the BC Physical and Health Education Curriculum; applicable for Grades 6 through 9
- activity handbook to support lessons
- PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes
- student portfolio
This program is currently being implemented in Central Okanagan School District No. 23 and select private and charter schools.
The complete toolkit is available for download here.
Contact us for more information.