A New Approach to Brain Injury Recovery
Our NeuroRecovery Centre in Kelowna offers committed and personalized support for brain injury and concussion recovery with a program powered by ABI Wellness. Our evidence-based model has shown a high success rate in restoring quality of life for our clients with acquired brain injury and persistent concussion.
The main focus of our program is cognitive rehabilitation with the goal of advancing neuroplasticity in clients with acquired brain injury and persistent concussion. We use computer-integrated tracking to monitor progress and make real-time adjustments to meet individual needs.
Aerobic exercise releases chemicals in the brain that enhance cognitive function, especially memory and concentration.
Counselling helps manage anxiety, depression, and feelings of being overwhelmed. This brings clear thinking and more balance in life.
Mindfulness reduces stress and fatigue in patients with brain injury. It can also help improve attention, concentration, and mood.
The unique design of this program
has created a high success rate.
- 0%Returned to work within one month after treatment
- 0%Transitioned from working part-time to full-time
- Focused one-to-one sessions 5 hours per day from Tuesday to Friday at our Kelowna office or online
- 16 hours of cognitive therapy supported by aerobic exercise, clinical counselling, and mindfulness
- Commitment of four months or longer required
- Cost: $3,450.00 a month
- Flexible sessions with our rehabilitation team to meet your specific needs
- 8 hours of cognitive therapy supported by aerobic exercise, clinical counselling, and mindfulness
- Commitment of six months or longer required
- Cost: $1,660.00 a month
We understand that lack of finances can be challenging. Don't let the cost of the program be a deterrent. BrainTrust will help you find funding to pay for the program (e.g. ICBC or private insurers). Contact us to discuss options at 250-762-3233.
This program is appropriate for people with persistent concussion or brain injury who:
- are motivated to actively participate in their own recovery
- want to return to work
- want to resume activities of daily living
- are working toward returning to college or university
You can join the program anywhere from 4 months to 25 years or more post-injury.
Our program is evidence-based and innovative for brain injury recovery. Read the research here.
Results have shown substantial improvement in processing speed, attention, concentration, and cognitive flexibility. Gains are possible even several years post-injury.
If the symptoms of your concussion/brain injury are not going away and you have plateaued in other attempts to recover, there is still hope.
Meet Your Team
The athletic therapist creates a safe plan of aerobic exercise for you. It uses evidence-based recovery principles for concussion/brain injury.
The occupational therapist will assess your suitability for the program. She'll also ensure gradual pacing for your success.
The clinical counsellor helps you manage emotions and responses to situations that cause you distress. This helps you think more clearly and live a more balanced life.