Career/Volunteer Opportunities at BrainTrust Canada
BrainTrust Canada employees are compassionate, skilled professionals. We work in a culture that welcomes diversity, and we honour the uniqueness of each individual member of our team. We believe that:
- everyone affected by brain injury deserves meaningful support,
- in most cases, brain injury can be prevented, and
- impact is possible if we do our part to give brain injury a louder voice.
Our team is based in Kelowna, BC with a secondary office in Vernon, BC.
Part-Time Contract Position: Occupational Therapist
BrainTrust Canada is a not-for-profit organization located in the Okanagan. Our focus is providing education on the prevalence, nature, and impact of brain injury, reducing preventable brain injury, and providing support services for those affected by brain injury. We are a dedicated team of compassionate, skilled professionals who are constantly seeking new ideas and approaches that support best practices in the field of brain injury.
Our team will be partnering with ABI Wellness, who offer an interdisciplinary rehabilitation program that is designed specifically for patients with brain injury during the post-acute stage of recovery. This integrated, four-pillar program is a transformative, evidence-based licensing solution for patients with chronic brain injury to improve higher order cognitive and related behavioural functions through cognitive rehabilitation, aerobic exercise, mindfulness and holistic health combined with counselling support.
BrainTrust is very excited about this opportunity and are looking to bring an Occupational Therapist onto our team to case manage clients with persistent concussion and acquired brain injury. We are seeking an Occupational Therapist with the knowledge and expertise to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team with the ability to evaluate patient's level of functioning and develop, implement, and modify individualized treatment plans aligned with patient and family goals.
This position would involve part-time hours on an as-needed basis, with 5-10 hours weekly expected initially, and gradually increasing as the program develops. Rate of pay is highly competitive.
- Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Experience working with clients with an acquired brain injury would be an asset.
- Mature, positive demeanour; able to inspire clients to achieve their goals.
If you think this role sounds like a fit, please email your resume to Mona Hennenfent, CEO, by April 19that firstname.lastname@example.org
BrainTrust Canada Volunteer Position
Title: Yoga Instructor - Vernon
Reports To: Laura Plummer, Community Support Coordinator
Hours: One 1-hour class per week; the class currently runs from 11am – 12pm on Fridays.
A people person, instructional and yoga training, awareness around adapted needs for clients of diverse abilities, able to work well with others, interested in giving back and helping provide relaxation and wellness to clients in need.
Reliable, professional, and able to manage confidential information.
- Teach a one-hour yoga class at BrainTrust Canada offices, once per week to a group of approximately 5-8 clients.
- BrainTrust will provide mats and music, and has a large, quiet space available for this program.
- Job sharing with other yoga instructors is preferred.
- Commitment of one year required.
If interested, please email resume and availability to: email@example.com