BrainTrust employees are compassionate, skilled professionals. We work in a culture that welcomes diversity, and honour the strengths of each team member. We believe that:
- everyone affected by brain injury deserves meaningful support,
- in most cases, brain injury can be prevented, and
- impact is possible if we do our part to give brain injury a louder voice.
Our team is based in Kelowna, BC with a secondary office in Vernon, BC.
Chief Executive Officer
From its head office in Kelowna and a satellite office in Vernon, BrainTrust supports individuals throughout the Okanagan who are suffering from concussion and acquired brain injury by providing evidence-based, person-centered services to assist the rehabilitation process and improve quality of life. Through collaboration and community engagement, BrainTrust also raises awareness and works to reduce the incidence of preventable brain injury.
BrainTrust is looking for a passionate Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to work alongside a caring and dedicated team with support from a skilled board of directors, providing the leadership, direction and project management required to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and mandate.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, provides overall leadership and operationalizes the Strategic Plan developed by the organization
- Oversees the successful execution of education, awareness and injury prevention campaigns
- Supports the development of programs and services that enhance the delivery of community rehabilitation and life skills supports to clients and caregivers living with acquired brain injury
- Supports growth and business development as it relates to the social enterprise
- Plans, organizes, directs and administers all programs and operations in collaboration with staff, ensuring that service delivery is of the highest quality and in harmony with the organization’s beliefs, values and principles
- Ensures the responsible management of financial, risk management and administrative matters of the organization
- Embraces the organization’s core values of: Service, Professionalism, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship.
- Fosters the development of a team that encourages and supports a rewarding organizational culture
- Provides team leadership, ensuring that they have the tools and skills necessary for the development and implementation of their respective goals and objectives
- Oversees all human resource practices including supervision of staff (full time, part time and contractors), performance and salary management, reviews, coaching and mentoring
Marketing, Communications, Strategic Partnerships
- Able to build, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and steward funders, donors, grantees, corporate and major gift partners to support BrainTrust programs, services and financial sustainability
- Seeks out and leverages new relationships and resources to access, establish and retain organizational success and financial sustainability
- Develops and implements innovative marketing, communications and fundraising initiatives
- Ensures that the organization follows sound financial practices and that it remains accountable to the Board-approved budget.
- Leads the budget planning and execution process, including the establishment of key benchmarks to align departmental objectives and resource planning with overall strategic objectives
- Ensures effective and diversified sources of revenue through funders, grants, donations, events and social enterprise
- Oversees all contracts for goods or services, insurance policies and leases
- Develops and ensures consistent adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures
Program and Service Management
- Oversees the organization’s provision of services with a focus on remaining innovative in how the organization’s mission is achieved “to continue to bring the issue of brain injury to the forefront, reduce preventable brain injury and maximize the potential of those living with brain injury through evidence-based programs and advocacy.”
- Ensures that all programs adhere to the BrainTrust “Standards of Care” as set out by the organization
- Ensures that all privacy laws, ethics and confidentiality are adhered to with respect to the organization and its clients
- Ensures that all programs and services meet the expectations as set out by funding and granting partners
- Prepares materials, schedules and agendas in conjunction with the Board President
- Presents for approval an operational plan with measurable KPI’s that achieve strategic objectives and provides monthly reporting on progress
- Develops and communicates key matters to be addressed with the Board of Directors at regular meetings
- Ensures accurate and timely communication of organizational finances and relevant administrative matters
- Ensures the Board is aware of and understands its operations in relation to Board Governance Policies and fiduciary obligations
BrainTrust is seeking a CEO who is compassionate and mature with a strong ethical compass. A related undergraduate or masters level degree is required with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience that clearly demonstrates fiscal responsibility along with the ability to be adaptive, innovative and collaborative. Specific skills are required within the following areas:
- Experience developing services that meet the requirements of clients with complex needs; preferably those with disability and/or brain injury
- Experience with sourcing, developing and stewarding donors, grants and funders
- Networking and fundraising skills with extensive marketing, communications, public relations and media relations experience
- Proven financial expertise with success in developing and managing budgets and achieving financial targets
- Experience with creating, managing and growing a social enterprise
Competencies & Personal Characteristics
- Value Driven: Inspires a culture of shared core values with alignment between personal and organizational principles to create a unified and motivated work environment
- Visionary: Develops and communicates a clear vision to drive focus towards organizational objectives
- Results-Oriented: Encourages a laser-focused approach to achieving the organization’s mission, vision and mandate according to the strategic and operational plan
- Relationship-Builder: Inspires trust and confidence through collaboration. Communicates with passion and authenticity to gain confidence and inspire others to act. Able to listen, be responsive and show flexibility
- Politically-Savvy: Able to influence within and outside areas of direct responsibility, understand underlying issues and context, the personalities involved, and achieve action with the least amount of disruption for maximum benefit
- Servant-Leader: An effective capacity-building and power-sharing approach, with the ability to put the needs of others first while supporting teams to develop and perform as highly as possible
- Innovative, Creative, Non-Linear Thinker: Approaches challenges and opportunities through a lens of creating and combining multiple layers of possibilities and solutions with recognition that great ideas don’t happen in isolation
- Team Builder: Able to manage relationships and inspire a team to align with a vision, combining their strengths with the strengths of others to work towards a common goal and to create positive outcomes
A competitive compensation and benefits package including health care benefits will be provided to the successful applicant.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application electronically by April 10th, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated with confidentiality. BrainTrust hires based on merit and recognizes that our ability to provide the best service within our community relies on a diverse set of knowledge, skills and experiences. While we appreciate all qualified applications, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. BrainTrust Canada reserves the right to verify qualifications, experience and any other facts asserted by candidates throughout the application process.
About Kelowna, B.C. Kelowna is a sanctuary filled with pine forests, abundant gardens, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. Okanagan Lake, which stretches from north to south for approximately 85 miles, provides miles of sandy beaches and wonderful opportunities for visiting wineries, boating, swimming, water-skiing, and fishing. You can hit the links at one of our many golf courses during nine months of the year, and our snow-capped mountains attract skiers, boarder’s and outdoor adventurists from around the world.